Flashlights over the years have become very important in people’s lives and their everyday use. They are perfect for use around the household, ideal for camping, fishing, hiking, or hunting.
A LED flashlight can be considered a high performance tool which provides maximum brightness, sealed against moisture, dust and are super tough for those demanding application. They are helpful in being prepared for power outages, provide security and safety and are the environmental choice and economical.
They can provide lighting while keeping your hands free, excellent for jogging, night-time walks, and work, in your automobile or your shop.
There are several benefits of LED lighting over conventional lighting and they are:
• Long Life -The number one advantage of LED lighting is their long life. LED lights have an exceptional life expectancy and can operate up to 100,000 hours or more.
LED’s don’t burn out like conventional lighting, but over a long period of time the diodes will give out lower output levels and not be as bright as when they were new.
• Extremely Energy Efficient - These lights are 80 to 90 % power efficient if you compare them to conventional lights, which means that most of the electrical power used is transformed into light, and very little energy is lost to heat.
• Ecologically Friendly - The majority of fluorescent light bulbs are manufactured with a number of toxic chemicals like mercury which are unsafe and hazardous to our ecosystem. LED lights have no poisonous chemicals.
• Durable Quality - LEDs are exceptionally durable and manufactured with durable components that are extremely tough and will endure some of the most demanding conditions.
• Zero UV Emissions - The illumination that is produced by LED’s has almost no UV emissions and produces a very small amount of infrared light.
• Design Flexibility - These lights can be produced in numerous sizes and shapes and will produce extremely effective lighting. They are dimmable, can also be produced in different colors and also made with flexible gooseneck for those hard to reach and see places.
• Very Reliable in Extremely Hot or Cold Environments - The LED is very reliable and their operation is not affected when used in extreme cold or extreme hot environments, unlike fluorescent lights which may affect their operation in these conditions.
When purchasing your next flashlight look for these standards to easily compare and be confident that the product that you are buying has been tested to industry standards.
Light Output - measured in lumens and is the actual light output
Beam Distance - the distance, measured in meters at which the light projects Useful amount of light, measured at 0.25 lux
Impact resistance - tested six times, it is the height, measured in meters, from which the light can be dropped on to cured concrete and still able to work
Run Time - total time of useable light before you have to change batteries
Water Resistance - product is tested against water sprayed from all angles, which means it has an IPX4 degree of protection.